North Yorkshire, YO60 7RE
I have been baking and decorating cakes for over 30 years from novelty birthday cakes to stunning multi-tiered wedding cakes. I also specialise in Belgian Chocolate cakes. My cakes are frequently featured in Wedding Cake a Design Source and other UK top wedding and sugarcraft magazines.
After receiving many, many requests asking if I would consider teaching I have started to hold cake decorating workshops from my home just outside York.
These are very friendly laid back classes - we have a lot of fun and I try my best to move at your pace never wishing to rush anyone.
So far I have covered:
- Cupcakes - making Italian Meringue Butter cream and how to make those fab swirls, covering cupcakes with sugarpaste, using texture mats and tools. How to use moulds to decorate your cakes.
- Beginners Workshop - Learn how to marzipan and sugapaste your cake professionally - Students who have never iced a cake in their life have gone home happy with their smooth straight cakes.
- Sugar Bunny Or Teddy Workshop - How to make a gorgeous 6" tall bunny or teddy bear to sit on top of a birthday cake.
- Designer Handbag - Learn how to carve and make a fabulous stand up designer handbag cakes.
- Cupcake Bouquet - Learn how to make swirls on cupcakes to look like roses or carnations - then learn how to make them into a cupcake bouquet.
More Classes coming up in 2012:
- Bauble Cakes - These are a big hit with weddings - I will show you how to cover and decorate these little cakes.
- Feather Wedding Cake - How to make a stunning feather effect wedding cake.
- Belgian Chocolate Cake - Cigarello cakes are still very, very popular for weddings - learn how to make a tiered cigarello cake.
- Sugar Models - Make either one for the boys - footballer sitting on the side of a cake OR one for the girls - lady with lots of shopping bags.
- Cookies - how to decorate cookies for your weddings and celebrations.
- Bride And Groom Cake Topper - Simple bride and groom topper to sit or stand on your cake.
- Private Group
- Individual Tuition
Cake Decorating Techniques
- Cake Sculpting
- Gum Paste
- Rolled Fondant
Types of Cake
- Cake Balls
- Cake Pops
- Mini Cakes
- Tiered Cakes
- Wedding Cakes
- Gift Box Cakes
- Shoe Cakes
- Handbag Cakes
- Topsy Turvy Cakes
- Character Modelling
- Sugarcraft Flowers
- Wedding Toppers
- Email Support